General Rules Applicable to all WXXC contests:
· Unless otherwise excluded by law or by the rules applicable to a particular contest, WXXC contests are open to all WXXC listeners who are residents of the United States and 18 years or older. Employees, agents and immediate family members of Hoosier AM/FM, LLC (parent company of WXXC), its advertising agencies, sponsors, and representatives are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren whether by current marriage, past marriage, adoption or as in-laws. All contests are void where prohibited by law. No purchase is necessary.
· In the event that you win a WXXC contest, you are ineligible to play or win any other contest for a period of 30 days from the date won.
· All prizes must be picked up from the WXXC Studios, 820 S. Pennsylvania Street, Marion, Indiana, no later than 14 days after date won, unless other delivery alternatives are arranged, otherwise prize will be forfeited after 14 days and may not be available for pick up.
· All contest entries become the property of WXXC. Each entrant may enter a contest only once, unless otherwise specified. In the case of multiple entries by the same person, all entries may be withdrawn and the entrant disqualified.
· Each entrant agrees that in the event he or she wins a contest, WXXC shall have the right, without further compensation, to publicize and/or broadcast his or her name, voice, likeness, city of residence and the fact that he or she won the contest. Entrants further agree that WXXC may use such identifying information to publicize its radio station, website and/or other contests. Contest winners agree that they may be contacted by telephone and the call recorded for potential use on air.
· Prizes consisting of CD’s or blocks of CD’s are valued at an approximate retail value of fifteen ($15) per CD. Concert ticket and other prize values are as specified in contest specific rules.
· Entrants are responsible for the payment of any and all taxes applicable to prizes and the award of prizes. WXXC is required to report winnings exceeding $600 per year (in the aggregate) to the Internal Revenue Service and will provide winners falling within this requirement with an IRS Form 1099 after the close of the calendar year in which the prize(s) were won. Winners agree to provide WXXC with their social security number and such other information as may be required by WXXC to comply with applicable laws.
· Entrants agree to release and hold harmless WXXC, including Hoosier AM/FM, LLC., and its officers, agents and employees, from any and all damages, liabilities or claims for injury or damage of any kind that might arise in connection with a contest, a prize, or the award of a prize. WXXC reserves the right to condition the final award of any prize on the execution of a legally enforceable release of claims and indemnity agreement.
· WXXC is not responsible for service outages, connection speeds or other sources of delay in telephone and/or internet systems which may influence or affect the chances of winning a contest. In the event awards based on call-ins (a prize awarded to the "9th caller," etc.) callers may not place substantially simultaneous calls on multiple phone lines.
· WXXC reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally announced if the original contest prize is or becomes unavailable. WXXC is not liable if a concert or event with which a prize is associated is canceled due to circumstances beyond WXXC control. Unless impossible or impractical, prizes will be mailed to the winner - by request of winner - within 60 days after the winner is selected and announced on air.
· WXXC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner (whether or not the winner’s identity has been announced) who does not adhere to the rules applicable to the contest in which he or she entered or who gains an unfair advantage through fraud or unsportsmanlike conduct in participating in the contest.
· In the event any contest specific rules conflict with these general rules, the contest specific rules shall control. On occasion, circumstances may require the rules of a contest to be modified. Changes to contest rules will be announced on-air and posted on WXXC’s website. WXXC reserves the right to interpret and apply all rules applicable to its contests and its interpretation and application shall be final.